Here are a few examples of the kinds of touch points that you can use as a great way to build relationships.
- Send a card on your donor’s birthday and have everyone in the development and executive office sign it.
- Make a thank you phone call within a couple of days of receiving their gift.
- Send an update on what your organization has done the year before. This update can be specific to a programmatic or regional area of interest and should include some insider information from a program manager or director.
- Invite them to sit at your table at an annual event.
- Offer them a tour your organization. This is a great way to help someone connect in a deeper way with the work that you are doing.
- Arrange a meeting with the donor, one of your program staff members, and yourself to provide an in-person update.
- Send them a handwritten note with a few words about a special interest they have.
- Buy them a cup of coffee and tell them a story of something that happened because of their support.